Spiritualist Declaration of Principles
In Spiritualism we have no dogma or creed, but we do have a set of 9 principles that we try to use in our daily lives. These are:
1. We believe in Infinite Spirit and that God is Infinite Spirit.
2. We believe that the phenomena of nature, both physical and spiritual, is the expression of Infinite Spirit.
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression, and living in accordance therewith, constitutes true religion.
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of an individual continue after the change called death.
5. We affirm that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
6. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: “Whatsoever ye would that othersshould do unto you, do ye also unto them.”
7. We affirm the moral responsibility of the individual and that they make their own happiness or unhappiness as they obey or disobey Nature's physical and spiritual laws.
8. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed to any human soul here or hereafter.
9. We affirm the precepts of prophecy and healing contained in the Bible are divine attributes proven through Mediumship.
The Greater Boston
Church of Spiritualism